1 1/2 Cups of Dried Chickpeas "Garbanzo Beans" (buythepound)
1/2 Teaspoon of Cumin Powder (buythepound)
1/4 Teaspoon of Smoked Paprika (buythepound)
1 Ripe Lemon
1 Medium Clove of Fresh Garlic
1/2 Teaspoon of Fine Salt
1/2 Cup of Tahini
4 Tablespoons of Ice Water
1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Add 1 1/2 cups of dried chickpeas to a pot with water and boil. Cook until chickpeas are mushy and then drain. *Major Key Alert - the mushier the chickpeas, the creamier the hummus*
2. In a food processor, add juice from 1 lemon, medium clove of garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and process until until garlic is chopped finely. Let sit for 15 minutes in the food processer once complete.
3. Add 1/2 cup of tahini into food processor along with your garlic & lemon mixture. Blend until thick & creamy and scrape sides throughout this process.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of ice water to food processer while running.
5. Add 1/2 teaspoon of cumin and 1 1/2 cups of your cooked chickpeas into the food processer and take breaks to scrape along the sides of the food processer.
6. Slowly add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil while the food processer is running, then 2 more tablespoons of ice cold water and finally 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
7. Continue to blend until super creamy & take breaks to scrape the sides throughout. Once you're happy with the consistency, remove from processer & sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika
8. Let cool in refrigerator (or serve immediately if you please). This hummus should stay good for up to 1 week if kept in fridge.